As a Junior Material Artist you will work in a team generating materials and textures that will be used in video game assets at a AAA level. You will use your knowledge of color and material responses in a PBR environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Creating high-quality assets using a variety of Programs.
- Understanding and reproducing a consistent aesthetic throughout all the works within the same project.
- Collaborating with the rest of the stages of the pipeline to find ways to optimize the result of the materials stage.
- Participating in the creation of a library of procedural materials, patterns and decals.
- Knowledge of PBR rendering and material/light interactions.
- Knowledge in Substance Painter and Photoshop.
- Understanding of color and other physical material properties as they relate to games.
Good to have:
- Experience in Unreal Engine and Substance Designer.